Saturday, April 17, 2010

Creative Room Inspiration

 I finally found the time and energy to transform our loft into my very own creative room {meaning no boys allowed}. The mid-size neglected space has served as the kid's study room, second living room, and finally left as a storage place. I have found a lot of small furniture pieces and accessories in the garage and around the house to put together- all in the shabby chic style. 
For the meantime, I have been looking for inspirations and these are the ones I adore. 

I love the color combination of pink and bluish-aqua especially on the beautiful wallpaper not to mention how creatively this project was done- closet transformed into a work space!
{Photo courtesy of Country Living} 

Again I love the wallpaper colors set as background for the shelves. Everything simply looks chic.
{Photo courtesy of Better Homes and Garden Magazine}  

Nothing inspires me more than cottage wire baskets and setting them up in a row for storage is just lovely. Informal arrangements of photos, ribbons, and notions are also very appealing to me. And of course, vintage furniture and cubbies are almost a must to create that " cottagey-vintagey" feeling.
{Photo courtesy of Country Living}



No comments:

Post a Comment