Thursday, April 8, 2010

On My Birthday


On my 53rd Birthday: "....I don't think our goal is to look younger; I think it's to look as good as we can, given our age and our experiences...the real key is understanding who you are in midlife and going with it." - by Lesley Jane Seymour- MORE Magazine

           {Photo courtesy of The Graphics Fairy}

 

I'm so glad my brother kept this picture of me taken when I was 19 at our family home in the Philippines. This is my earliest recollection of decorating done during Christmas. Let's see...I must have wrapped plastic balls in polka dot gift wrap, added some pine cones,   inserted lollipops around the edges, and set them on my Mom's precious glass bowl. Decorating was an "activity" I did then but now has become my lifestyle.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Celestina, thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. take care Sandy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your birthday was a happy one too Mama Cely! Sorry if a text message was the only thing I managed to send, I'm a little behind schedule lately. May you continue to grow gracefully every year. Much love- Michelle & Patrick too! (He said thanks for his birthday greetings also. : )

    ReplyDelete