Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Less than Crafty

Although I've had my share of skills developed as a dealer in an antique mall, crafting isn't one of them. I've learned to strip off old paint and repaint furniture, nail together shelves, and decoupage here and there. I've always envied people who sew, cook, and design. Vision is my source of creativity- an eye for beauty. But my younger sister, Lulu, is celebrating her 50th birthday and from "out there" came an idea to try my idea of crafty on my gift box since I wanted it to look vintage. It was going to hold 3 sets of demitasse to add to her growing collection. So here's what I did:

I photocopied the back of my old French postcards and stained them with coffee. Then I tore them to sizes that shows the French writings.

Then, I decoupaged them on the wrapped box, adding a photocopy of a lady from an old French postcard.

Finally tying a ribbon to finish the look. Not that bad, I guess!


1 comment:

  1. i beg the differ... you are so clever. i hope your special box wrapping will be cherished. the pink bow is the perfect accent. by the way, i love the new look of your blog. you're more savvy at this web site stuff than i am. : )

    ReplyDelete