Tuesday, July 14, 2009

~Finding My Balance~

I love work and I love working...but there comes a point when it saps all my energy that I lose sight of what gives me true joy. Finally, today, I found myself blogging again...and it is because I am able to take hold of my passions once more...

Work...work..work

I have forgotten to say hi to summer until I felt the stinging heat on my skin.
This pretty bamboo parasol was provided when we attended a friend's wedding at the Church's garden.

Taking a glimpse at my blooming hydrangeas always makes me smile.

And enjoying them in a vintage pink pitcher...

...and even better, sharing them with friends. I gave my dear co-worker, Leeta,
the first harvest which turned out to be the biggest ones in the patch.

I bought myself these pretty purple flowers for my kitchen window. I just adore flowers.

Watching my small ivy plant grow is pure joy.

Choosing a gift from Pottery Barn for our niece's bridal shower and wedding
and seeing it wrapped in this elegant setting is just wonderful.

...{and yes}...watching my granddaughter, Madeline, play video games
just fills my heart with love and happiness.

3 comments:

  1. I've missed your postings. I'm so happy to get a glimpse of your office desk (yes, you look awfully busy!), the beautiful hydrangeas in their shabby chic shades, and cute little Maddy. Hope you're enjoying these warm summer days. Have a wonderful time at Ting's shower. I'll see you at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your hydrangeas aunty, they're my fave flowers and glad we're having them for our flower arrangement at our wedding :)

    are they hard to plant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Auntie... I didn't realize you had a lovely personal blog as well. Have you ever thought about become a professional photographer? These look like some very professional photographs to me. Love the close-ups of the bouquets. *muah* Nina

    ReplyDelete